Question about downsizing

Hannahnic14

Crowing
Apr 29, 2021
Middle Tennessee
This may be a stupid question but here goes, so chicken math got me. Lol. I really need to downsize my bantam flock and I have alot of female pairs. (2 gold sebright females, 2 silver sebright females, 2 OEGB females, etc etc) I'm thinking the easiest way to downsize would be to sell 1 of each breed pair but my question is, each breed seems to have bonded to each other. So is selling one of them going to cause alot of stress to the other? Do chickens even notice or care?🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

This may be a stupid question but here goes, so chicken math got me. Lol. I really need to downsize my bantam flock and I have alot of female pairs. (2 gold sebright females, 2 silver sebright females, 2 OEGB females, etc etc) I'm thinking the easiest way to downsize would be to sell 1 of each breed pair but my question is, each breed seems to have bonded to each other. So is selling one of them going to cause alot of stress to the other? Do chickens even notice or care?🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️
They'll pout for a while and then be fine. I wish I lived closer I would love to take a few!

I would try to sell the Sebrights in pairs. Because they're smaller than my other bantams, mine get picked on a lot, but they at least have a buddy. My two cochins also hang out together. The lone brahma (bantam) is usually off somewhere by herself. I'm a newbie, so take it for what it's worth, but it seems to me that they like to have a friend of their own breed.

I would try to sell the Sebrights in pairs. Because they're smaller than my other bantams, mine get picked on a lot, but they at least have a buddy. My two cochins also hang out together. The lone brahma (bantam) is usually off somewhere by herself. I'm a newbie, so take it for what it's worth, but it seems to me that they like to have a friend of their own breed.
That makes sense, I could sell 1 gold and 1 silver together, then I have some d'uccles I could sell together as well. 1 porcelain and 1 mille fleur.

Back
Top Bottom