Question about Dubbing - Is it a Cornish?

Bleenie

Wyan-DO's
10 Years
Jul 14, 2009
The Beautiful Pacific NW ,WA
I posted in the "what breed/gender" section about a mystery hen my mom has. turns out she's probably a cornish of sorts and someone said she looks like she may have been dubbed & had her beak clipped. We have had her since she was about 2-3months old so I am wondering if the dubbing & clipping is something they can do to them as hatchlings?

They were raised by a 12yr old girl that was selling them to make money to help pay for something she wanted & they thought this girl was a Bantam Japanese like the white rooster we also bought from them. I am sure they were not the ones to dub/clip her so what the heck?

She has almost no comb and NO waddles and she is almost of laying age.
8.jpg

5.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think it looks like anything has been done to her. From the pics she looks like a cornish or CX. IF she is ready to lay and you are holding her in your hand like that then she's probably not what we usually call a CX. How about a pic of her standing up?

Here is a picture of her standing up. She is small, the people we got her from only had bantam-sized chickens for sale so i don't think she'll get a whole lot bigger. We have had her for at least 3 months and she was at least 2 months when we bought her, she was fully feathered in.

9.jpg

I agree with nothing being done to the beak...the second pic can make you wonder, but the first one you get to see it taper. I'd believe if debeaked, it would have a more abrupt "nub" than a tapered look.

Back
Top Bottom