Question about duck poop white and gritty looking

Compostflower

Songster
May 11, 2021
Hello everyone,
My hen has been having ups and downs this week. Day one that I noticed a change she was egg bound and then over time she’s gotten better and had many days of totally normal behavior. Out of the entire week she had two days of being egg bound. I resolved the situation with warm baths and extra calcium. She has not laid a hard egg since but she is also in a molt so I think that has something to do with it. This is her first large molt and she’s two years old. Anyways I noticed that sometimes her poops are white and kind of I don’t know how I’d describe it but gritty. I’ll add a photo here of the poop today. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. She’s been on the calcium suppliment for a week now. I also added nutritional yeast to her diet but the white gitty poop has been on and off for the entire week even before the calcium supplements.

Attachments

• B723EAAB-1A26-433F-BF89-82B7E71D9E22.jpeg
    B723EAAB-1A26-433F-BF89-82B7E71D9E22.jpeg
    942.1 KB · Views: 23
Thank you ironically she is acting normal today and laid her first hard shell egg in a week and three days ! Also she did a normal poop so I am happy.

Back
Top Bottom