Question about ducklings hatched out

caseymarie05

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 18, 2014
Pennsylvania
I am fairly new to having ducks and my ducks are currently bringing out ducklings but my question is, is it normal for ducklings to hatch out a week apart? My ducks brought out two ducklings last week one of which got pecked by a chicken and died but the other duckling is doing great but today when all four of my ducks and my one duckling were out of the coop I went in to check and make sure everything was okay with the nest and there was another duckling in there hatched out and was left alone. I think it was hatched overnight because yesterday there were no other ducklings. There are still three eggs in there and I'm not sure if they will hatch or not. Should I let all the eggs in there to see if they hatch out and also should I do anything with the duckling or will the ducks go back to it once they are done getting water and food? I found it to be strange that they left the new duckling alone. Thank you for the help

I am fairly new to having ducks and my ducks are currently bringing out ducklings but my question is, is it normal for ducklings to hatch out a week apart? My ducks brought out two ducklings last week one of which got pecked by a chicken and died but the other duckling is doing great but today when all four of my ducks and my one duckling were out of the coop I went in to check and make sure everything was okay with the nest and there was another duckling in there hatched out and was left alone. I think it was hatched overnight because yesterday there were no other ducklings. There are still three eggs in there and I'm not sure if they will hatch or not. Should I let all the eggs in there to see if they hatch out and also should I do anything with the duckling or will the ducks go back to it once they are done getting water and food? I found it to be strange that they left the new duckling alone. Thank you for the help
That duckling won't make it unless kept warm and sounds like they have left it behind. here is some info to keep it alive.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/750869/raising-and-caring-for-ducklings#post_10611711 and if they have left the other 3 eggs take them and listen and also candle them if you find life you'll have to decide what you want to do hatch them yourself or put them back but sounds like they have left the nest for good.

Back
Top Bottom