question about eggs

There is a structure that holds the yolk in the center of the egg. This is what you are seeing. It is more apparent in fresh eggs but is always there. Looks like white stringy stuff and there should be two of them...one for each end.

If chicken eggs are anything like human eggs, only one sperm (in most cases) can fertilize the egg. The other little fellas die trying to get in by battering their poor little noggins against the egg in a futile attempt to extend their pathetic little lives.
Seminal fluid would not be encased in the egg, just as it is not part of the embryo in the case of other animals.
I believe you can figure out what happens to the left-over fluid through analogy with other animals.

Probably about the same as with a human.

"Motherof5boysn1girl said, "i was wondering this myself, but i didnt want to be the first to ask..
is it really? i have to admit, that would gross me out, thinking that i was eating..that. "

Your funny!!!
5 boys and 1 girl!?!?!?!?!?!?

you can't be seriously worried about what might be in/or on that little egg, LMAO!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Quote:
Ok! I don't have exact numbers here or the site I found it on, BUT roo sperm is held in special spot in the hen till needed and can fertalize a egg upto 2 weeks and some say a month after he is no longer with the hen. I googled it several months ago.

Quote:
Ok! I don't have exact numbers here or the site I found it on, BUT roo sperm is held in special spot in the hen till needed and can fertalize a egg upto 2 weeks and some say a month after he is no longer with the hen. I googled it several months ago.

thumbsup.gif

Usually it's 3 weeks at the most for the rooster sperm to be held inside the hens reproductive tract. As an egg is developing down her duct work, it's fertilized.

Back
Top Bottom