Question about electric poultry netting

chickenmomma16

Crowing
11 Years
Jul 16, 2012
Buckley, Washington
I found 4 rolls of 100ft premier 1 poultry netting for $75(pictured is 1 hog netting and 3 poultry netting, there is one more poultry netting) Question: Is the 42” tall, tall enough? I have Wheatens Marans and Wheaten Ameraucanas and both breeds seem pretty docile. I was hoping to find the 48” tall rolls but will the shorter stuff do? They also have a 4yr old solar charger for 75$ Said it worked I think the netting is the way to go for me and my situation so I can fairly easily give my birds more run space. I’m mostly worried about protecting them from coyotes. I hope it can at least deter them. I know they could jump over it easily but if the get a shock from touching it hopefully they will just avoid it and look for an easier meal right?

Another question, is this a good deal??? 😂
3202C51C-F8B2-42D8-B3FE-0D4E721CFFA7.jpeg
19139F25-408E-483A-8FC8-A0735B498814.jpeg

75 for all 4 rolls? Or for each? If 75 for all of it, that is an incredible deal. A 4 year old charger may work for another couple years. 42" could work, but I would be open to the idea of clipping your chickens wings. Just do it to the ones that fly over if/when they do. It is like a haircut and super easy.

If it is all the netting for 75 I say go for it and get the charger too. If the charger fails. you can get a new one with the money you saved on the netting!! Do you know which netting it is specifically? Premier 1 has quite a few.

75 for all 4 rolls? Or for each? If 75 for all of it, that is an incredible deal. A 4 year old charger may work for another couple years. 42" could work, but I would be open to the idea of clipping your chickens wings. Just do it to the ones that fly over if/when they do. It is like a haircut and super easy.

If it is all the netting for 75 I say go for it and get the charger too. If the charger fails. you can get a new one with the money you saved on the netting!! Do you know which netting it is specifically? Premier 1 has quite a few.

75per roll or 225 for all 4. If it was 75 for all I would have been on this like a fly on poop! I’ve clipped wings before, wouldn’t think twice about doing it if they flew over.
They just said it’s the 100ft long poultry netting (with the smaller holes)

75per roll or 225 for all 4. If it was 75 for all I would have been on this like a fly on poop! I’ve clipped wings before, wouldn’t think twice about doing it if they flew over.
They just said it’s the 100ft long poultry netting (with the smaller holes)

Seems worth it if the netting is in decent condition and you are able to buy a new charger if/when the current one stops working. That's alot of insta-fence. Score!!

How often are you looking to move the fence? Premier's website has pretty good descriptions of each fence they have and what their uses should be.

Seems worth it if the netting is in decent condition and you are able to buy a new charger if/when the current one stops working. That's alot of insta-fence. Score!!

How often are you looking to move the fence? Premier's website has pretty good descriptions of each fence they have and what their uses should be.
I have 61 birds and 4 acres of flat, grassy pasture. I can move as often as needed to keep them on grass. It would be nice to raise a batch of meat birds once a year too. Just have to build a movable shelter... hoop coop style with wheels maybe? Edited to add:
The netting is said to be in okay condition, a couple holes but they have the repair kits to send with it.

I have 61 birds and 4 acres of flat, grassy pasture. I can move as often as needed to keep them on grass. It would be nice to raise a batch of meat birds once a year too. Just have to build a movable shelter... hoop coop style with wheels maybe? Edited to add:
The netting is said to be in okay condition, a couple holes but they have the repair kits to send with it.
DO ITTTTTTTT

DO ITTTTTTTT
Done!

Now that I’m home and I looked at the tags, I got 3 rolls of the 164ft long x 48” tall (Not 42 like it was listed) double spiked poultry netting for 75$ each! On the Premier 1 website it’s listed for $194 ea! I feel like I scored! The solar charger is nothing fancy and we will probably replace for something with more of a jolt in the future. This should get me through this seasons grow outs though!
EBD6E413-24A7-436A-8BB7-6A3314EA4507.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom