Question about Frizzles

HenPecked_bychildren

Songster
10 Years
Feb 24, 2010
SW Florida
I got these two girls. I thought "Frizzle" was it's own breed, but I see Frizzle everything now. lol. So what exactly are they? Also she said they were hatched in June. So I am guessing they have to be bantams because our 6 week old BO are almost the same size as them. lol. Do they look that old?
49642_009.jpg

Last edited:
My frizzles are cochins and it's my understanding that the frizzles you get from hatcheries are cochins. I would say they are bantams...they look like mine
smile.png

ETA:
welcome-byc.gif

Last edited:
Most frizzles are or at least use to be cochins. Like you said, now you can get frizzled almost anything. Your girls are probably bantam cochin, they look like they should be laying.

They are bantam cochins
wink.png
very pretty color too. I have Black ones.

Also if you are wanting to get a roo for them dont get a frizzle, because you dont want to breed frizzle to frizzle just to let you know.

I think the chicks would be a frazzle (I think that is what it is) and the feathering on those are aweful! and they can end up bald from feather breakage, etc.

I don't know what they are, I am new to chickens, but what I have heard about frizzles is this: if you want a frizzle you breed one frizzle with one normal chicken. Two frizzles mated together doesn't give you a frizzle. Frizzle means curly feathers.

I had polish frizzles for awhile and they are fantastic looking. Loved them. Anyhow, I know I didn't answer your question, but maybe I helped with something!
smile.png

Quote:
They have sparse feathering on their legs/feet.
49642_coop_012.jpg

Nothing like what cochins look like I thought...How do you pronounce cochins BTW? Is it a long O sound and "chin"?

Back
Top Bottom