Question about Japanese bantams

becky3086

Crested Crazy
11 Years
Oct 14, 2008
Thomson, GA
I bought some mottled Japanese bantams off of Eggbid. Two of them hatched today. One looked like it should with the black back and yellow underside and legs but the other was pure yellow. What I am wondering is if this can happen or was I sent some eggs that weren't mottled?

I am not sure but I think that it will get more color later. Japanese chicks are usually pretty distinctive look even when babies. Does it have short legs? (all wont) and it will be down lower to the floor and kinda a fatter head and kinda long wings. Kinda cobby looking.

I am sure it is a Japanese bantam but just don't think it is the right color since the mottled chicks are black and yellow and this one is pure yellow.

I bought some from ideal. The ones that I believe to be the mottled were black and white. I had one yellow that I believe would have been a buff but it didn't make it. But the two that looked white turned out to be one solid white and one black tailed white. If you go to the ideal poultry website they actually show pictures of the chick colors in comparison to the adults. Maybe that will help you.

Back
Top Bottom