Question about laying????

amacucumber

In the Brooder
8 Years
Sep 8, 2011
springfield, oregon
One of my little polish started laying
smile.png
4 eggs over 7 days now 2 weeks with nothing whats up? also i usually get 5 eggs a day from my other girls like clock work.. then today only one anyone know why this happens???

There are a few possibilities 1) are they molting 2) they might be hiding their eggs if they free range 3) has something changed in their diet or environment that could have shanken them up a bit.

well the diet is the same.. i checked the yard cause yes they spend all day out of the coop.. the only thing diff is the fake eggs in the nest? they layed with them there yesterday??

Are chickens have slacked off since we have teens in our neighborhood. They think it's sooo funny to shoot my chickens with pellet guns.I have been having problems with these kids for about three years now. Police can't really help me without a picture of these sick brats. I have talked to the parents several times and they say there kids like to kill animals. I did some work on two of my chickens and they are better now. they also have pit bulldogs that have killed my chickens and my neighbors chickens and bit some of the kids in our neighborhood. I grew up in this same house with very little problems except the coons, hawks. I cant understand how sick these people are.The parents say call the cops not much help there.I love my animals so much and I'm at my wits end. I just wan't to catch the kids on my property they wont like to see me at arms distance. I have lost over 40 chickens they also like to steal them. I can't imagine what they do with them. I had 6 Silkies they took all the girls and left the boys. I don't think a coon gives a rat's you know what if they are hens or roosters.Sorry I just need to vent a little. Thanks, Heather at Flying H Farm I can't wait for things to get better:ya

Talisman,
I am so sorry about your chickens, it is a shame you can't hide out there on your property, with a pellet gun & shoot those nasty kids.
somad.gif

You know if they parents are not doing anything, then they have no control over them. What about a call to Child Protective Services. Because if they are doing this to animals, they will move up to hurting people, if they have not already started.

Are they going after your chickens during the day, when they should be at school, or after school?

We was just talking about calling Child Protective Services on them . Hopefully that will help.I caught them crawling on my property in the middle of the day.Man did I go off on them. They stopped for awhile then right back at it again.My chickens are cooped up and helpless. I really don't see what they get out of killing caged animals. They go to school sometimes. The mom had to call the cops out because this 15yr old kid would not put his shoes on. Somethings not right there. I pray things will get back to normal soon. This Farm has been a childhood dream of mine, and have always loved animals. I'm not going to give up. I have to make more secure coops.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom