Question about mottled

the mottled and splash genes are different so, I believe, you would wind up with mixes but probably frizzly cute mixes.

I just got a trio in December. You can check them out on my page. I just love them and they are real head turners.

To answer your question, yes, you can put them together. F1 (first generation) will be all blue or black, and all will be solid colored but split to mottled, unless any of the BBS batch is also split to mottled. If you cross the F1 batch back on the mottleds, you will get fifty fifty mottled and solids split to mottled, some in blue, some in black. once you get mottled blues, you can cross them and possibly get splash mottleds. The mottling won't show up really well, but they would be excellent breeder birds for someone who wants to produce blue mottleds out of their black mottled or split to mottled birds.
big_smile.png

Ok, good. I was thinking they were compatible, but I just wanted to make sure. I don't think the frizzles have mottled in their background. They are from DDD, so I'll have to ask. Thanks so much!

Back
Top Bottom