Question about my baby goats!

Congratulations on the little cuties!

I have 3 Nigerian Dwarfs, 3 Nubians & 5 Alpines.

Of course the girls are in 1 coop & the boys in the other. It is very funny cause when the girls get out of the boys sight the boys ball like babies! & vice versa. They really depend on each other even through the fence.

Good luck with the babies. They get the rountine down within a week or so. I would have to say not to discourage you, they will be just fine in a good month.

Have fun with them!

My Nubian Ouida was quite a talker, talk to me and follows me like a puppy. She was one sweet goat and goes everywhere with me even when I am trail riding. I sure do missed her but not the knocking over the feed bins, getting out of pens, climbing on things and eating my Mom's favorite rose bushes!
lol.png

I agree with most of the people here, dont baby them too much or you would be asking for problems later on.

Alright, thought I'd update you all on the girls. It's been about 4 days since I've had them together and there are moments when I worry that they are being too loud, but they are getting better! They definitly cry at night after I feed them and they are done and realize I'm gone, this goes on for about 10-15 minutes and I just have to let them do it so that they can learn to stop, and they do, I just worry that my neighbors will hate me! (I live in a neighborhood!) But...so far so good, the neighbors behind us have kids and think the goats are totally cute and the elderly people on both sides of us have said they love the noises! They are all getting milk and cheese and ice cream just to keep them happy!
The girls love to be out of their pen and I've let them into my garden which is done for the season so that they can get it cleaned out. When they are done, I'll put the chickens in there to finish it off!
They've met the dogs through the fence but I'm nervous my dogs will be too rough with them. Anyone have suggestions or ideas on introducing dogs???

It all depends on the type of dogs you have. Some are too hyper for goats and then some arent...I would try it slowly ...like 1 dog at a time and with a leach on the dog to see if they will get along...better safe than sorry and a vet bill later. This way you will be able to tell if it will work or not.

Back
Top Bottom