Question about my Pekin

Let me revise, for all the ducks at this age 1/2 ml EACH duck. Make sure the pekins get a full dose, it certainly won't hurt the others but for the pekins its very important since they are so prone to leg issues.
Sorry for all of the questions, what would you normally drop this on as far as treats go, so that each duck is getting their dosage? I already ordered 2 bottles and will be picking up from tractor supply tomorrow.

Sorry for all of the questions, what would you normally drop this on as far as treats go, so that each duck is getting their dosage? I already ordered 2 bottles and will be picking up from tractor supply tomorrow.
what I would do to make sure they all get the full dose and one isn't hogging all the treats I'd take them one at a time away from everyone else and just give a private treat dish for each one.

Maybe someone else has an idea that is better but that's what I would try first just to make sure they get enough of it to start working.

It should be provided in a small separate dish, so they can eat it as need be.
Thanks, I've read a ton of different suggestions from people either throwing it in with their feed or keeping it seperate. I wasn't sure which way to go, but when I throw it in a seperate bowl they wind up making a mess in dumping it out. Is there a downside if I'm adding it to the feed each time their feed bowl gets filled if they're eating it?

I'm not sure, I wouldn't want them eating of grit/rocks every time they eat their feed, I'm not sure if excessive amounts of grits have any effect on their digestive system, Overall I think it's better to let them choose when they want the grit. Can you screw the bowl into a wall so they can't tip it over?

That's a very good question! I know mine step in the little dish and spill it which is why I only put a little bit in the bowl. Perhaps adding it to their food is giving them more than they need? They really only need it if they are eating other than duck food.

The upside is that they grow so fast that they will be outside soon and won't need it at all!

Back
Top Bottom