Question about odd behavior

Sherri1990

Songster
Jun 4, 2020
My 24 week old astrolorpe keeps going to her laying box and going through the entire process of laying except with no egg. She tail pumps pants and her comb gets pale. Them she gets down and acts like it never happened. Normal poops appetite and vent looked good. I saw she had a little pasty crusty that I get off her but otherwise normal. Is what she doing normal?

My 24 week old astrolorpe keeps going to her laying box and going through the entire process of laying except with no egg. She tail pumps pants and her comb gets pale. Them she gets down and acts like it never happened. Normal poops appetite and vent looked good. I saw she had a little pasty crusty that I get off her but otherwise normal. Is what she doing normal?
Do you feel an egg when you palpate her abdomen? Has she been laying at all yet?

Her tail is up and she seems happy but it also seems like she is moving slowly. Could this be another soft egg? I give her layer with oyster shell on the side and I tried to sneak her some tums yesterday when she did this. She caught me.

I would keep a close eye on her and hope that she doesn't have one stuck in there. In the beginning new layers can have some unusual behavior so I wouldn't worry too much.

I would keep a close eye on her and hope that she doesn't have one stuck in there. In the beginning new layers can have some unusual behavior so I wouldn't worry too much.
Ok. I checked her vent again and it looked ok. She ate a ton and drank a ton. Thank you for your help.

They can also just act weird period :gig until they get the hang of laying.

As long as they are eating/drinking/pooping/moving around OK, I'd not worry.

Back
Top Bottom