1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Question about price of eggs??

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by kissofcrimson, Feb 14, 2016.

1. kissofcrimson

kissofcrimson Out Of The Brooder

I'm not sure where to put this question so I'll just post it here and hopefully I get an answer. I'm going to meet a breeder later to pick up a bird and was going to ask her about her d'Uccle's again. She said she doesn't sell hatching eggs, she only sells biddies but rarely does it. What's a good price to give her for 12 fertilized hatching eggs? I really want some more d'Uccle's and she's my best bet but doesn't want to really breed them. Her d'Uccle's are a Mille fluer/mottled pair and a self blue/mottled pair.

2. EmtheFishLady

EmtheFishLady We're all mad here Premium Member

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
    It's whatever you are willing to pay, or she is willing to accept. Each person's prices could vary greatly. I've been known to pay 150 for a dozen eggs if it is something I really want.

3. kissofcrimson

kissofcrimson Out Of The Brooder

I basically came to that conclusion. After talking to her today Iim hoping she breeds them and since I'm not the only person wanting them I think she is now.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by