question about raising two different breeds of chicks together

Quote:
X2...

I agree...I have quite a few different breeds and ages...
celebrate.gif

they get along great...NEVER had an issue.....go for it!
thumbsup.gif

caf.gif
old.gif
I have production reds and Blacksex links.I started out 2years ago with production reds and Golden Comets,and have had no problem with the breeds fighting.I have 2 year olds with 1 year old and they all get along.The biggest problem that I have had is when I first started was that I had too many roosters and they did't get along.I plan on ordering a variety pack this spring so that I can see how different breeds do.Your future father in law is wrong on this pasticular subject.Just a suggestion but if you are in doubt about what to do,just ask on BYC and you will get an answer.These chicken lovers usually know what is going on.Good Luck and welcome aboard.
clap.gif
yippiechickie.gif

I would have to disagree with him I have had chickens for 7 years and I have 50 chickens and about 13 breeds excluding hybrids lets see I have barred rocks, light brahmas, white rocks, buff orps,white leghorns, black giants, black buff and partridge cochins, Americanas, white sultans, mottled houdans, buff silkie, rhode island reds, black rose comb but I also have these birds spread out into 4 flocks so yes birds of different breeds will be fine living together.

Back
Top Bottom