Question about stacking eggs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CluckAcres

Songster
7 Years
Nov 20, 2012
Silver Lake, Indiana
Has anyone had to stack eggs in their incubator? I ran out of room because i wasnt expecting to get 57 eggs today just 32. I had to stack them on top of each other just to get them to fit in there. I really need another incubator FAST!!!! I think i will have to go out to garage and build another temp one. Im out of thermos tho. Here is a few pics of the eggs in just my cooler bator.

I don't know much about stacking other than what I've read. They say to make sure then you move the top eggs to the bottom and the bottom eggs to the top when you turn them.

I don't know much about stacking other than what I've read. They say to make sure then you move the top eggs to the bottom and the bottom eggs to the top when you turn them.

Thanks I will do that. They will only be in there like that for about a week. Then my other incubator will be free and i can move some over to it.

I decided to put them in flats and tilted them. Tomorrow i will turn flat around 180 degrees and tilt the other way. Now no eggs are sitting right on each other and air can get threw to all the eggs. Here is a pic of what i just done.

Hard to see in pic but they are tilted. LOL

x2 Plus you can pull all the inferts day 7 and make more room... I think your are fine if your moving them around cold hot spots!

i stack eggs all the time.. its not a big deal at all

you will need to remove any infertile eggs

if , when it comes time for them to hatch, you are still stacking them.. throw out everything you heard about "lockdown" because you will have to open the bator a lot and candle the eggs a lot

as you candle the eggs look for internal pips.. mark those eggs and make sure they are on the top of the pile (I put a mark directly over the internal pip and have that mark facing UP)

as they hatch pull the chicks and the shells and candle the rest again.. marking internal pips and moving them to the top of the pile

The idea is not to have any chicks trying to hatch while on the bottom of the pile.. so yes.. you will be opening the bator a lot until you get the eggs down to one layer

like I said.. it's not a big deal.. and I have gotten 100% hatch rates doing it my way

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom