question about taming them chickhens

r0bz

Chirping
Jul 25, 2022
i have a mixed breed flock which consists of 1 mature rooster 5 hens and 1 small rooster which is very young.
the mature rooster likes to hang around with 2 of his favorite hens and they are pretty friendly they come when called and I can hand feed them treats but when trying to pet them they let me throw in 1 or 2 pets and then they back off and they come once again for the treats
how do i make them more used to that (getting pet) .....
like she is doing here

Thats likely to be as much as you can get. Birds are prey animals, which means they don't like being held or have things going over them. With the exception of 2 currently, none of my birds like to be touched at all.
how come there are people that tamed them chickens to be like a lap cat but a lap chicken?
:)

Thats likely to be as much as you can get. Birds are prey animals, which means they don't like being held or have things going over them. With the exception of 2 currently, none of my birds like to be touched at all.
what kind of breed are your birds ?
does that matter to how much they are friendly?

what kind of breed are your birds ?
does that matter to how much they are friendly?
Sebrights, D'anvers, polish, D'uccles, silkies, pheonix, Naked necks, mutts, Spitzhauben, EEs, leghorns, Mosaics, Calico Princess, araucana, bantam brahma, bantam ees, Ayam ketwa, Mystic Onyx, orpington, sumatra, bantam Cornish, bantam cochin, Russian orloff, marans, Japanese, Wyandotte, Asian black and bantam Cornish

Some breeds tend to be friendlier, but it's not a set rule. Lots of people claim silkies are lap pets almost. Mine won't let me near them.

Sebrights, D'anvers, polish, D'uccles, silkies, pheonix, Naked necks, mutts, Spitzhauben, EEs, leghorns, Mosaics, Calico Princess, araucana, bantam brahma, bantam ees, Ayam ketwa, Mystic Onyx, orpington, sumatra, bantam Cornish, bantam cochin, Russian orloff, marans, Japanese, Wyandotte, Asian black and bantam Cornish

Some breeds tend to be friendlier, but it's not a set rule. Lots of people claim silkies are lap pets almost. Mine won't let me near them.
thats alot of breeds wow
are your Orpingtons more friendly than others?

Back
Top Bottom