question about taming them chickhens

my chicken jump on my lap and eat treats from the treat jar and i can pet them at that time but when they are no longer hungry i am no longer intresting for them is your chicken behaving the same ?
in contrast my cat jumps on my laps for pets and does not care about treats only about petting

my chicken jump on my lap and eat treats from the treat jar and i can pet them at that time but when they are no longer hungry i am no longer intresting for them is your chicken behaving the same ?
in contrast my cat jumps on my laps for pets and does not care about treats only about petting
My friendliest girls will jump on my lap even when I don't have any treats. Sometimes they will stay long enough to take a short nap on my lap.

You are witnessing the difference between predator (cat) and prey (chicken) traits.

fffff

do you consider my chickens tamed based on what i wrote ?
I think on the spectrum from wild/feral to cuddly lap chicken, yours sound like they know to trust you for food and care. Sounds tame to me! Iā€™ve found that my ā€œdonā€™t touch meā€ pullets turn into friendly hens when they start laying, some to the point of being underfoot pests!
Enjoy your flock, when they offer up their trust for a scritch under the wattles, or a stroke down the back, thatā€™s the icing on the cake.

I think on the spectrum from wild/feral to cuddly lap chicken, yours sound like they know to trust you for food and care. Sounds tame to me! Iā€™ve found that my ā€œdonā€™t touch meā€ pullets turn into friendly hens when they start laying, some to the point of being underfoot pests!
Enjoy your flock, when they offer up their trust for a scritch under the wattles, or a stroke down the back, thatā€™s the icing on the cake.
I do not keep chickens as egg producers I do not eat their eggs I keep them as pets.
my old rooster is not friendly like my small rooster which jumps on my laps to eat treats (i can hand feed him though)
will my small rooster become like my old rooster when he will be mature?

but all of the chickens are only friendly when they want treats and after they don't they walk away

Back
Top Bottom