Question about tapeworms treatment and mine and my chickens' future...

Equimax horse de-wormer.
Give 0.03 ml per pound of body weight orally, repeat in 10-14 days.
Give it on day one and again on day 10.
Not for ten days straight.
Two days, the first day and again in 10 days.

I guess that's possible but I don't think that is what happened because the bird was expelled from came from my 4-H leader and she said her birds don't have tapes (they DID have mites and lice but that's a different story). I hope that doesn't sound rude... I'm not trying to be rude.
It's not rude to state the truth..😁

Do you have any pictures of the droppings with tapeworms? Were there any moving proglottids in the droppings? Have you had a fecal float done on some fresh droppings? Not all of your chickens would necessarily have tapeworms if one has them. If you see the tapeworm segments in one’s poop, I would treat just that bird. They have to eat one of the intermediate hosts such as earthworms, snails, slugs, beetles, flies, fleas, or grasshoppers, to get tapeworms. Mice and moles also contain them, and chickens have been known to eat them. Praziquantel is effective. Equimax dosage is 0.03 ml per pound of weight given orally once and again in 14 days is how to treat them. Here is a good video of tapeworms in droppings:

Yep! That's what I saw. Great video. So I was right. Why not worm all 4 hens especially because I don't know who. It won't hurt them will it?

Yep! That's what I saw. Great video. So I was right. Why not worm all 4 hens especially because I don't know who. It won't hurt them will it?
Was this supposed to go on this thread? I think you've done a little post hopping and posted on mine :).

But to answer your question, I don't think it would hurt them. I've wormed all my chickens for other worms with Safeguard and they were all fine afterward (the safeguard even killed a few of the tapeworms. I was very happy about this!)

Back
Top Bottom