question about the Mille Cochins

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by SecretHavenFarm, Jul 11, 2011.

1. SecretHavenFarm

SecretHavenFarm Out Of The Brooder

Oct 1, 2009
    Shadow Hills, CA
    I saw the thread on the Mille Fleur Cochins. I breed silkies, but am wanting to expand into another type of chicken, and I really love bantams and the I love the feather legged chickens. So I really fell in love with the cochins.

I am loving the look of the Mille Cochins, But I cannot find Milles at any of the hatcheries. Is it not a common color? If not how did you go about incorporating the Mille into your cochins?

2. HBuehler

HBuehler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2009
    Lebanon TN
    MF is a project color not yet accepted and has a long way to go before it will as they are like snowflakes and getting 2 alike....It is currently near to impossible to get correct cochin type and real good MF in the same bird.
    Many of us here on BYC have MF for sale.If you want to get into them hatching eggs are for sale often as well as started birds but be aware not all are going to feather out as you see in pictures.When buying really ask questions.Some people are only breeding for the color and have no idea about what cochin type is...and it's not anything like what a hatchery sells as a cochin.
    They are beautiful though and my love for them is that no 2 are alike and you never know what is coming out of the shell next for color.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by