Question about these 50 chicks....

ChicksAre4Kids

Chirping
Jun 19, 2015

I finally got my new chicks in the mail, but they aren't very active. Is this normal?
I'm not too sure of the breed either.

CK

Last edited:
How old are they? You have to realize that hatching is exhausting for baby chicks and they sleep a lot in their first days. They can even fall sleep in middle of eating and tumble head first into the feeder. For this reason please put some clean marbles or pebbles in their water dish, so they don't accidentally drown.

I have to say your chickens look like peas in a pod. Please keep us updated with photos till they are old enough to sex. They appear to be "Yellow peeps," but, in early days a lot of breeds look the same. Please do not have any for lunch or snacks until we let you know if you have any cockerels.

How old are they? You have to realize that hatching is exhausting for baby chicks and they sleep a lot in their first days. They can even fall sleep in middle of eating and tumble head first into the feeder. For this reason please put some clean marbles or pebbles in their water dish, so they don't accidentally drown.

I have to say your chickens look like peas in a pod. Please keep us updated with photos till they are old enough to sex. They appear to be "Yellow peeps," but, in early days a lot of breeds look the same. Please do not have any for lunch or snacks until we let you know if you have any cockerels.
They look like a meat breed. Perhaps Cornish?
gig.gif
lau.gif

They didn't seem to get any more active, so the wife put a "boneless chicken" sign on the box and they disappeared when the grandkids visited. These new ones seem to be a bit more chicken-like.

CK

Back
Top Bottom