Question about this type of egg

Kbq

Hatching
Jan 30, 2024
Hi there,
I have a question about this type of egg and what causes it!
Note that these are king (button) quail eggs. I just got an unusually completely white egg, and another completely without a shell, which is soft and spongy! This picture is attached

Please help me about this.
Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_5996.jpeg
    IMG_5996.jpeg
    250.3 KB · Views: 22
I'm not familiar with quail, just chickens. But I'll assume the internal egg-making process is similar with quail and chickens. The chicken hen puts the egg together then the brown color is added during the last half-hour in the shell gland just before it is laid. If the brown egg laying hen's egg is laid early it can be white. That doesn't happen often but it has happened.

When chicken pullets first start to lay most of them get it right. The eggs will probably be pretty small but they are usually perfectly formed. But occasionally you can get a glitch, like a soft or no shelled egg, a double yolk, no yolk just whites, no whites just yolk, very small of very large eggs, extremely thick shelled eggs, or just weird eggs. Laying an egg is a pretty complicated process, sometimes something doesn't work perfectly. Usually a pullet corrects those problems within two weeks, often within just a day or two. If your problems last longer than two weeks after that quail started laying you might have a permanent problem but I believe patience is best in your case.

Good luck.

I'm not familiar with quail, just chickens. But I'll assume the internal egg-making process is similar with quail and chickens. The chicken hen puts the egg together then the brown color is added during the last half-hour in the shell gland just before it is laid. If the brown egg laying hen's egg is laid early it can be white. That doesn't happen often but it has happened.

When chicken pullets first start to lay most of them get it right. The eggs will probably be pretty small but they are usually perfectly formed. But occasionally you can get a glitch, like a soft or no shelled egg, a double yolk, no yolk just whites, no whites just yolk, very small of very large eggs, extremely thick shelled eggs, or just weird eggs. Laying an egg is a pretty complicated process, sometimes something doesn't work perfectly. Usually a pullet corrects those problems within two weeks, often within just a day or two. If your problems last longer than two weeks after that quail started laying you might have a permanent problem but I believe patience is best in your case.

Good luck.
That was really helpful, thank you

Back
Top Bottom