Question about worming chickens

Are you seeing worms in the other's poop? If not, then I'd do just that one hen and the roosters for now.

If you notice the other girls having issues, then you can always treat them later.

It was only round worms in one hens poop and I could see tapes in maybe 3-4 of their droppings.
Wednesday was their second dose and I have not seen any eggs or live tapes in any droppings except for the day I gave them the first dose.
One of my hens that I know had tapes has been in the house for 3 days with an impacted crop so I can monitor her droppings easy and they look fine.
I’m pretty sure her crop is cleared now just giving her small amounts of food with yogurt throughout the day so she doesn’t gorge herself. I think that’s how she got it in the first place. I withheld food for 16 hours before the dewormer then waited 2 hours after and was trying to give small amounts of feed for the rest of the day but she must have gotten into something. I noticed she was having an issue that evening and in the AM her crop had not emptied so in the house it was for her.

Back
Top Bottom