Question about Wyandottes

Yes, you don't see the pattern until they lose the baby feathers. I can't remember exactly but I think around 7-8 weeks.
smile.png

Hi!
I'm not exactly sure of the answer to your question but I have a silver laced wyandotte chick that turned 7 weeks today and she already has the silver lacing pattern on her head and her breast and part of her back, she's had it for about a week or two.

She has shed most of her baby feathers so I guess this is true.

:idunnoOur silver laced dottes are 3 weeks old and still look the same as they did from day one.... They are a little bigger, but not much. Are they slow growers also?

gonzo&hispeeps :

:idunnoOur silver laced dottes are 3 weeks old and still look the same as they did from day one.... They are a little bigger, but not much. Are they slow growers also?

My SLW's seem to be growing slower than the EE's, BR's, and RIR's I have.​

I have 4 SLW about 2 weeks old. They are still very small and not growing as fast as my EE chicks did. Today I opened up their brooder so they could try running with the older chicks. My older chicks (about 7 weeks) ignored them at first. Then, one took an agressive stance toward a baby Wyandotte. Immediately several of the other older chicks came over and it looked like gang warfare was abouat to break out. I put the SWD chicks back in their brooder to grow a little bigger.

I will be waiting for them to loose their chick feathers. Thanks for the info.

Interesting...
we have a couple of, what I believe, are Golden Laced Wyandottes. I noticed just the other day that one of them seems to have new grayish tipped feathers coming around the bottom of its body, which are very different than its "golden" tips. It is 6 weeks old as of yesterday. Maybe its just a weird mix of breeds? I don't know.

Back
Top Bottom