1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Question about year badges

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by Razadia, Dec 19, 2014.

1. treehouse

treehouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 30, 2008
    North Dallas
    Hi I was wondering the same thing, I do not have any badges and joined in 2008 :)

2. treehouse

Oct 30, 2008
    North Dallas
    alot has changed here :)

3. treehouse

Oct 30, 2008
    North Dallas
    sounds great, MERRY CHRISTMAS/HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL ;)

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Well, hey treehouse! You're a long-timer and I'm sure as soon as holiday madness settles, you'll get the badge you're long overdue! The membership has grown like gangbusters, so much so, I'm shocked that Rob hasn't had to just hire a dedicated "Badge Patrol"! [​IMG] Having to input them each manually for literally thousands is quite a chore!

ETA: Um, no, I'm not volunteering. [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 24, 2014
  5. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Dec 26, 2006
    California - SF East Bay
    Congrats @treehouse , you've got a new 6 year award / badge!!! [​IMG]

@speckledhen is spot-on (as always)... we do have to manually assign the awards, which means taking lists of thousands of members and manually going into each account and removing a previous award and adding a new one. It's SUPER time consuming and we've asking for an automated system for Christmas (3 years ago). :)

Since we can't award every one of the 300,000 members every year, in order to reduce the sheer volume, we do often check for if members have been active over the past 1-3 months and then divvy out awards. If we miss anybody (like yours) we're more than happy to fix as requested. [​IMG]

6. justplainbatty

justplainbatty Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
    emmet MI
    Do you have to be a paying member to get badges? I joined the site in 2007.

7. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Dec 26, 2006
    California - SF East Bay
    Absolutely not, in fact, you've got your 7-year badge now! Members just need to have been actively posting on BYC during the date range in which we pull the data (usually the past 3 months). So, if you haven't posted in the past 3 months, there's a possibility we may not get the badge set this go-around.

As I mentioned above: Since we can't award every one of the 300,000 members every year, in order to reduce the sheer volume, we do often check for if members have been active over the past 1-3 months and then divvy out awards. If we miss anybody (like yours) we're more than happy to fix as requested. [​IMG]

8. justplainbatty

justplainbatty Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
    emmet MI
    I see I got my badge! I'm a proud BYC'r now like I just laid an egg! Thank you!

9. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Now, you just need to talk more! [​IMG]

10. azelgin

azelgin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    S.E. AZ
    Verrry interesting! And here I though I was being ignored for having an avatar of a horse's .......
    I'll have to be more active, more often. I do miss seeing the posts of some of the members from the "Old Days", when BYC was still young. Where are you, Davaroo?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by