question auto egg turner

bigtuna

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jan 1, 2010
ok new guy here the auto turner doesnt really turn the eggs over it just more or less moves them from side to side is this correct ? thank you

If you have the auto-turner that fits inside the incubator (like those for the LG), it does look like a flat rack that just tilts the eggs one way and then the other. Some of the more high-tech incubators are on their own rotator, tilting the entire incubator...sometimes darn near to 90 degrees!

You don't want the eggs to flip completely over, even if you are turning by hand. The eggs are placed into the turner in the downward position (pointy end down, fat end up). This allows the air sac to develop at the larger end and encourage proper orientation of the chick for hatching later. Flipping completely over could damage the embryo or detatch the sac. Also, while it is recommended that eggs be turned at least 3 times per day, my auto turner is really in near constant motion. Ever so slowly...slower than you can see...it's moving from one side to the other. This results in more uniform turning than I could do by hand and is likely less "stressful" to the egg...I know I couldn't move that slowly to be so gentle! haha

Good luck!!!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom