Question/Concern....

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Lanissa86, Apr 15, 2008.

1. Lanissa86

Lanissa86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    I just purchased a Hova-Bator from craiglist. My question is, I have no clue on the model or how to use this thing! The lady says its brand new, but we will get to that when I actually try it out! The MAIN thing I was wondering about was.... If I hatch chicks successfully (never done anything like this before)! What am I supposed to do with the babies!!! This is just to experiment with, I live in San Antonio, TX within the city limits!!! I can only have a few chickens which I already have and I love them! But what if I can not sell the babies?? What to do then?? Can you all give me ideas so I feel less stressed about this!

2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

I'm sure you can sell them or give them away, but if not, quietly raise them up and make soup.

3. aberfitch

aberfitch Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2008
    Texas Fort Worth
    if you have some already I don't see the problem. Now if you are not wanting any more why are you hatching more eggs? if it is just an experiment then give it a try! good luck!

4. Lanissa86

Lanissa86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    Just to experiment. I might keep some since it would be my first hatch ever when I do get to it. I was thinking Silkies. Do they mix well with Delawares and EE?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by