question, first time hatching

blueggsandspam

In the Brooder
8 Years
Sep 15, 2011
Almost Heaven
Question this is my first time hatching so I hope this does not sound stupid. Ehen I got home my daughter (9) says we have an egg that has a long crack and blood around it. So when I get to the incubators in the homemade is the egg she was talking about. Now there was no way she could've seen the zipping without opening the incubators. Anyways the egg she saw zipping is not making any movement now and I could not hear any sounds. How long should it take to complete the zipping? Does the fact I cannot hear or see anything mean it did not make it?

Crack was around the egg it was a fully formed chick but hard to tell when it started to hatch. Tried to find answers but by the time I found that you don't always remain hands off it was too late
hit.gif
. 21 more eggs to go
fl.gif
My daughter will be sad in the morning. Thanks for answering

just make sure the temp and humidity are somewhere near where they are supposed to be. Some eggs just don't make it even to the last days, good luck on the other 21,
thumbsup.gif

So ya'll think it was just early? We set the eggs on the 9th. No other pipping or movement now from any of the remaining ones. Temps have been fairly steady in both incubators kept humidity 35-55% throughout now have increased to 75-85%. This science fair project maybe a flop. I hope it gets better today while we are gone.

Back
Top Bottom