Question for a friend

marie_martin

Songster
12 Years
Feb 21, 2007
Grenada, MS
She has a small backyard flock of egg layers, different breeds such as RIR and astrolorpe. She only has one roo and he is a bantam and she says he cant reach to breed the girls but he does try and does protect the flock so she keeps him for that purpose. Anyway, she says that she has been seeing something odd when they poop. She says it looks like the little rocks you would put into a fish tank. They are an aqua color and look like rocks but she has picked one out and they do break up when she mashed it but it is not soft really like poop. Any suggestions? She says it has been going on for months, just about since she got them. They were all grown when she got them. They lay regularly and don't appear to have any health problems. She feeds them layer pellets and then gives them corn as a treat. Thanks so much for your help.

Marie

She said she would try to get a picture. She said they are acting fine, eating fine and laying fine. This has gone on for months now, I would think if it were poison, it would have killed them by now. I am wondering if they are just eating something that is making that happen, like some type of clay dirt or combination of clay and grass/weeds making it appear aqua but firm like clay. We do have clay dirt here in this area. I think they are fine, but I will get her to get a picture.

Marie

Back
Top Bottom