Question for Bantams and Standards moving to coop

rocky41102

Chirping
11 Years
Jul 31, 2010
Tennessee
Do Bantams have the same temperature and brooder requirements as full size chicks? I have too many chicks and really want my closet back so I want to move my chicks out to their coop this weekend (provided it's finished and ready for them). But I have different ages and breeds and wasn't sure if the bantams could go at the same time. They've always gotten along extremely well and take really good care of each other. The bigger ones have always cuddled the smaller ones when they're sleeping.
But anyway, I have 2 Sebrights that will be about 6 1/2 weeks this weekend, 2 Tetra Tints and 4 EE's will be about 6 weeks, 8 bantams (polish, d'uccles, brahmas, OEG) that will be about 5 weeks. All are from TSC so the ages are estimates! We're in middle tennessee and they haven't been using a heat lamp for a while but the temp has been about 70 in their room. Can they all go out this weekend or should I wait longer? They will have a secure coop and a large enclosed run area. I really want to put them all out together because they tend to get upset and loud if I seperate any of them. I have 2 buff orpingtons and 2 welsummers that will be staying inside because I just got them last weekend so my closet won't be entirely chicken free....

1/2 my chicks are banty and the other 1/2 standard and i treat them the same it's kinda like having a standard poodle and a toy poodle same breed just as different sizes except for the silkies and they are a bit more fragile

Back
Top Bottom