Question for those that feed Natural Balance dog food

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by gritsar, Oct 7, 2009.

1. lishah2000

lishah2000 Songster

Golden 65 pounds and Border Collie 55 pounds both get 2 cups a day. They stay trim at this amount. I have fed other foods on the same quality level and the amount was the same.

2. RabbitMage

RabbitMage Songster

Mar 27, 2009
    My dog (a fairly mellow Corgi/Dachshund mix, around 23 lbs) eats about a cup a day. He does really well on it!

3. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Thanks for the input y'all.

4. Akane

Akane Crowing

Jun 15, 2008
    Do you have diamond brand feeds available? A few of their formulas are just as good and will last just as long as a bag of NB but they are often found at feedstores so no shipping cost. My very picky akita doesn't do well on hardly any kibble. We were feeding NB but she decided she didn't like it and started to lose weight when she doesn't have any to lose. We switched to canidae but same problem. For 2 bags now she has been eating grain free taste of the wild we get at a dog bakery and it's the first food she's been doing well on when we got to the bottom of the bag rather than steadily losing weight. However we can't afford to feed them all a $45/30lb bag food so I was looking online and realized TOTW is made by diamond which is the most common brand found in a feed store around here. We've since switched the other dogs to diamond naturals. They are eating a bag of beef meal and rice right now which is $30 a 40lb bag. It only has one meat ingredient but it's a meal, it's first on the list, and there are few other ingredients before the vitamins/minerals so the meat content should be better than average if we don't include grain free and 6star foods. Then it's barley and rice which aren't bad as far as grains go especially being whole ingredients.

5. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I'll ask about diamond brands at the co-op, but all I've ever seen available there is stuff like hunter's choice and other low quality foods that folks around here feed to their hunting dogs.
    If the weather clears this weekend I might try to get to a feed store in another town. I know they have more choices.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: