question for you rabbit breeders ...........

wranglerFB

In the Brooder
11 Years
Feb 17, 2008
Arkansas
does anyone else out there have Holland Lops?.........and if so do you find it hard to get them to breed? I am not sure if it is just my young doe or if it is a breed thing with them ..........she wants to just sit down hard an tuck her tail when the buck tries to mount her......I think I remember reading somewhere about HL being difficult to get to breed but not sure any input from anyone???????

I don't seem to have any of these problems with my Dutch or my meat rabbits ..........who pardon the pun breed like mad rabbits hahahaha

Is this year your first time breeding them or have you had trouble breeding them? I asked because we had a terrible winter and spring breeding Jersey Woolies. Normally all of our nest boxes would be full but this year was different. Proven does not bred or only having a single kit. Things are better now. The Holland breeders will have to give you specifics.

I have holland lops and experienced this same thing. However...it's now been 24 days since we "bred" them and she is looking more and more pregnant. She is bigger, firmer and her durlap is filling in. So...what we thought was an unsuccessful breeding attempt may end up being successful after all. This is our does 1st time breeding also.
I'll keep you posted, we should have babies next week if it was successful!

I had a holland lop he was a good little rabbit really good breeder but every time I tried to breed him to me rex doe it was to hot for him

she is turning 6 months old in a few days ......not sure about the other haven't looked that close at her yet........I put the buck in her cage to see if there was any difference an she seemed to show more interest in him an he really got excited for awhile he even went so far as to try to get her to play with him ended up with both of them bouncing an jumping up an down all over the cage while kicking their heels up hahahahahahaaa was really funny to watch ................so far they have spent the whole day together an was snuggled down sleeping against each other not to long ago ...........just wait an see now if they got anything done...........

Back
Top Bottom