QUESTION HELP buff opringtons

jeep4mudin

Hatching
8 Years
Sep 15, 2011
i got 5 buffs that should be right about 27 weeks right now give or take a week! they are all the same size except one she is alittle smaller not much but they all devolped to me pretty fast got combs and waddles quick, filled out real good. last couple weeks they have been getting sqwauky and staring to saqt alittle around the run, which my coop is 4x8 with 16x16 run. they eat good and alot, and when they go to sleep at night they dont try and get in nest or on the roost they all pile in a corner together on top of each other! which i dont know is normal? but anyways i went to beach last week and was gone for week i come back and the come home and 2or maybe 3 out of the five there combs are dark dark red almost burgandy and there tail feathers are darker now and the feathers around necks are darker too. im guessing these are gonna be roos cause NONE of them are laying yet and NONE are crowing yet, i have also some americanas and i know a different breed but still....chicken....and i know they each devolp differently but he is a full blown rooster and is only a week or two older. but still no signs on mine! all help appriecitaed will try and post pictures soon! but hopefully will know what im talking about

Yes, take some pics for us and we'll be able to help you figure out if you've got roosters or not......

smile.png

Ive got 4 BO that I'm 99 percent sure are roos with their massively bright and pointy saddle feathers and arching tails but not a one of them is crowing yet at 17 weeks.... I dont thing they're neccesarily a noisy breed.

any reason for them wanting to dog pile each other to sleep? well if that is the case looks like im getting rid of few roosters lol

My 4 month old BO hens refuse to roost. They were sitting on a narrow board around the floor door, but i removed it and raised the wide sided 2x4 roost up a littl trying to make it more attractive to them. The step on it, walk on it....At night they pile up to sleep. Maybe they do not have good balance?

At 27 weeks if you had roosters you would know. They would have large comb and waddles, much larger than the girls. It sounds like your girls are just getting a little older and getting ready to lay, some of my bo girls have combs that are big enough to flop over.

Well I have 4 different kinds of step roosts with 2x2 post and they range from 6 inchs off the ground to 2 ft off the ground. And they all have big waddles and.combs one buff I deffinatly know is a rooster but is the other two they are starting to looking like him big that big of a change in 6 days?

Back
Top Bottom