1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Question: how do you make a Dom, (gamefowl)??

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by tiburciob33, Mar 6, 2013.

1. tiburciob33

tiburciob33 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 6, 2013
    arizona
    I was wondering this because at some point someone had to cross a game hen with another type of chicken, I've also seen hens with those little spots so I was guessing if there was any type of possibilities or something like that? Just a thought.

2. nicalandia

nicalandia Overrun With Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Doms are another name(many names on the game circles) for Crele. look for Crele old english game.

3. rizal144

rizal144 New Egg

Jun 15, 2015
    Dom is a creation of black and white, became brassback, cross to a red fowl, result to a different kinds of blue gamefowl. One of them look like a Dom. Then a breeder cross the dom with another red strain, and improved the dom to a golden color with white streamer on the tail. This is my view how the Dom was created. I will experiment this my self once I start
    my breeding program this year. I will purchase a brassback, a red fowl and a blue traveler to short cut the breeding program to one year instead of 4-5 years. Any comment are welcome.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by