1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Question......I got my new chicks today and.......

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Jolyn, Apr 12, 2008.

1. Jolyn

Jolyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2008
    Northern California
    I got my new chicks today, actually only about a half hour ago and i can already tell one is aggressive!! She keeps going after this tiny little one. What can i do....will it get better or will this one keep going after the other one?

Help i don't want little Patsy to be the picked on kid.

Oh and i gotta say I'm not sure i'm going to name them all the Country singer names i picked out. My son really wants to name one Rose.....and the bully really needs a good name......Hahaha!!!

2. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Mine were that way at first one (a BR of all things!) was pecking and abusing EVERYONE! I called her meany for awhile until my kids said I was the mean one!!! LOL It has been a week and things are all calm in the brooder. [​IMG] She just had to get settled in, I think.

3. Gindee77

Gindee77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    QCA, Illinois
    I just looked it up online and the bully of the Little Rascals was named Butch! [​IMG]

I love the name Rose (I grow 150+ roses) and my dog's name is Rosie! I am afraid to name mine...the ones I've named girls names are probably roos! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by