Question of the Day - Thursday, April 25th, 2024

I wanted to be a garbage truck.

Yes, you read that right. My parents still tell people this all the time. Then I wanted to be a garbage truck driver after I was old enough to understand the difference.

As I got older and more obsessed with flight and space, I decided I'd be an F-14 pilot or an F-16 pilot and then an astronaut. (Yes, I am 100% a product of the 80's. IYKYK).

Then I watched Challenger blow up on the live broadcast Jan 28 1986. I was 12. I was in my 30's before I realized that was also the day I decided not to be an astronaut subconsciously. After that, I didn't really know what I wanted to be anymore. I eventually decided to pursue geology and ended up doing nerd stuff with computers because it paid better.

For the kids, Follow your dream. Not the money.

Yes, you read that right. My parents still tell people this all the time. Then I wanted to be a garbage truck driver after I was old enough to understand the difference.

As I got older and more obsessed with flight and space, I decided I'd be an F-14 pilot or an F-16 pilot and then an astronaut. (Yes, I am 100% a product of the 80's. IYKYK).

Then I watched Challenger blow up on the live broadcast Jan 28 1986. I was 12. I was in my 30's before I realized that was also the day I decided not to be an astronaut subconsciously. After that, I didn't really know what I wanted to be anymore. I eventually decided to pursue geology and ended up doing nerd stuff with computers because it paid better.

If I followed my dreams I'd be in a terrible place.

Today's question is from @tripletfeb:

I wanted to be a veterinarian.
Thanks for picking my question!
I wanted to be a paleontologist.
I’m planning on going to college for geology (paleontology
My son has wanted to be a paleontologist since he was 3. He's such a dino nerd, has taught me a lot. He already has his college picked out and is saving money to go

That was such a sad day, when the Challenger blew up

Back
Top Bottom