Question on breed of chicks I got..

ShireChick

Hatching
Mar 22, 2015
Berkshire County, MA
Hi All!
We are brand new chick parents and we got our chicks at TSC. All 6 are pullets and the woman who helped us said they were barred rock and orps but i'm not so sure? We got 2 of each color.. Does anyone know? The tan colored ones are the smallest. They are super shy and tiny. The black/browns are wicked friendly and growing the fastest.. The whitish ones are the most feisty. LOL. In fact one of them will come out to me and sit on my shoulder while i walk around-we only do it for a few minutes because I don't want her getting cold. :D

Last edited:
I can say with certainty, that none of these are Barred Rocks. If I had to guess, and with all the breeds and at this stage, it is only a guess, I would say a White Leghorn, Gold Laced Wyandotte and maybe a Buff Orpington, but the one that appears yellow, if it has reddish tint, could be a red sex link.

Here's a pic of my Buff Orpington and Golden Laced Wyandotte. I'd say that's your first and third pic.

The tan ones look like Production Reds or Red Sex-Links. The white ones are probably White Plymouth Rocks or White Leghorns. I don't know what the darkest ones are.

Back
Top Bottom