Question on breeding/hatching ducklings(Ancona) from a newbie (or wannabe, really..)

Portland is fun. I like Portland better than Seattle. I lived down in Wilsonville and Newberg for a couple years.

Sorry, I don't need any more drakes, but I think you're right about being able to find homes for them locally. I think I'm going to sell a couple of the hens that I have now and replace them with Boondockers or Coyote Night hens.

Not sure if you've seen this or not, but there's an Ancona thread here on BYC: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/422411/ancona-ducks/700
Yeah, we moved here for me to go to University, and we chose Portland over Seattle. Portland feels more like a small town and Seattle a huge city. :) I really want to move out of the city into one of the smaller towns around here where we could have land (just a few acres) but it's just not feasible with a child starting kindergarten next year, and working/school in downtown Portland. Maybe in a few years though....

When we get ducklings from Boondocks, we are only wanting one hen, but I think we are going to get at least two just in case one is a drake. If we end up with two hens, I'll let you know and you can see if you might want one of them, if you are still planning to get a few hens at that point. We may end up keeping both if we get a drake and a hen, but I think is we end up with two hens one will have to go because we only really want three female ducks and we are wanting two other breeds as well. We are often up in the Olympia area, so if you did end up taking a hen, we would probably bring it to you and visit friends at the same time. We always like having a reason to head north. :)

And thanks for the link! I don't think I've seen that thread yet. I'll definitely check it out. :)

Back
Top Bottom