Question on Coop Designs page

Discussion in 'Website Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by havi, Sep 15, 2009.

1. havi

havi [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Si

Mar 23, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    I was curious if it would be possible if we could put the size of the coop under the picture. Sounds vauge I know, but for example:

When I click on Coop Designs it brings up the page with Small, Medium, Large, etc. Then when I click on large it brings up the page with all the different coops. Under those pictures could the size of the coop be put under the picture?

Im building a 8x12 coop and Im looking through all the coops to see which one fits the closest. Im having to look through all the pages and then go back and forth trying to figure out what size the persons coop is. If the size where put under the picture in the first page it would be super easy to look at the ones in the size Im looking for and then go back and look at the size closest.

I think this would help out a lot more people as well. Or is this something no one really cares about?

Also on a side note.....

Is there a way to put a Max size on the coop pages? Ive noticed that with some of the coops that are in the Large section, should really be in the small. And some that are in the medium that should be put in the Large. When we add our coop page to the sections, could there be a button or something that shows which section it should go in?

2. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

At the top of each coop size index it says:

"Back to Coop Index >> Small Chicken Coops"

When you are looking at a coop page you will see "Small Coops Index"

Too many more references would be really cluttered.

Regarding the second item: Remember, there is a LOT of subjectivity on size, but if you see coops that are in the wrong section for size, let us know and we'll review them. Just PM me a link to the coop page and what size it should be and I'll review it.

3. pixie74943

pixie74943 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Adelaide, Australia
    I think your onto something..

For example, would it be do-able that it looks something like this
    : Pic :
    : Here :
    : :

8' x 12'

and then on the original page it could say

Small coops, upto 12'
    Medium coops, 12' to 30'
    and Large 30' +

I'm not a website programmer or designer, but it doesnt seem like it would take much, and would make life SOOOOOOOOO much easier when browsing the pages

4. havi

havi [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Si

Mar 23, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    YES, that is exactly what Im talking about! Thanks. [​IMG] I looked and even if we were to not put the persons name or where it says 'view' above each picture I think it would be doable. Because alot of them dont even have names, all they say is 'view'. And I think people could figure out they if they click on the picture it will send them to that page.

I think it would help out alot!!

5. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

OH, I see what you mean. That may be tricky because we'd have to gather all the info, but that definitely would be helpful and make sorting coops much easier.

I'll add that to the idea / suggestion list!

6. Flintrock

Flintrock Out Of The Brooder

Sep 1, 2009
    Flint, TX
    Another great idea comes from a BYCer.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by