Question on Humidity with it being so cold

ginbart

Crowing
12 Years
Mar 9, 2008
Bloomsburg, PA
I have filled up my trays in the bator and even put an extra bowl with cotton balls in there (with warm water) for all you silly people out there.

I can't get my humidity to get above 25. I even moved the bator to another room.

Is that becasue of how cold it is outside?

As I said in another post, I don't hold much hope for these, but just in case. They were all dark inside so I will give them all the chances I can.

Thanks for any help.

Ginger

Turn on a humidifier in the room...in the desert I'm sure I will need to do this too. In the winter you have the heater running and that de-humidifies the air.

Quote:
I guess I need to buy one. I don't have any.

Edited to add:

Could I use a baby humidifier?

Last edited:
Ya, sure, I know they have baby/kid ones at walmart, but they should all do the same thing...most folks should have one to sleep with during the winter...it's too dry for us too
smile.png

I started a thread on the same thing yesterday and it fell by the wayside.

I thought about putting a small humidifier directly into the incubator, because I cannot get my humidity above 35-50%. My incubator is made out of a full size refridgerator, so it's a bit large.

What do you think?

Quote:
For the fride-o-bator try putting a bowl of water with a sponge in it right in front of the fan, that should help.

Paper towels work very well to bring the humidity up. Put one in a small bowl with the end of it stuck in the water wells. Just fold it into a square.

You could put wet papertowels, sponges, rags, etc.. in a bowl and point a fan across it to blow on the incubator. That should make a weak humidifier. Or if you just need humidity for hatching time put it in the bathroom, start the shower on quite hot, and let the bathtub fill up. That will definitely increase the humidity.

I have a bowl in there with cotton balls. I did bring down my sons Vaporizer and that got the humd up to 22 in the room. Before it said "low" I have a fuzzy butt by the way. It's a day early. Oh and the humd went up to 37 in the bator. I will keep you updated.

Back
Top Bottom