Question on mixed breeds

Dirty_South_Chickens

Songster
9 Years
Apr 23, 2010
Waco, TX
I have a blrw rooster and a mix of hens none of which are blwr because they all ended up to be roosters! I got some eggs in the incubator which have already begun to hatch, my question is will they favor the rooster in breed or take more after their mothers? I know that my barred rocks will give me black stars but have not any clue for the rest...(the rest being NHR, RIR, Welsummer, barred rock, buff orpington and 1 EE). I stuck 1 blue egg in there...couldn't help myself. Thanks

Quote:
I understand I'm full blood mutt but you would swear that I came str8 from Ireland. I was just wondering if they might have the markings of the blrw.

Quote:
Blue Laced Red Rooster over -
Barred Hen should give you Blue Barred cockerels and Blue pullets
New Hampshire, Buff Orps. and R.I. Reds should give you Blue Laced Reds and Black Laced Red both patterns will have poor/ incomplete lacing
EE it is going to be hard to tell because most EE's are a mix of breeds and patterns
I'm not too sure on the Welsummer but I believe you should get Blue Laced Reds and Black Laced Red both patterns will have poor/ incomplete lacing just like the New Hampshire, Buff Orps. and R.I. Reds.

Chris

Quote:
Blue Laced Red Rooster over -
Barred Hen should give you Blue Barred cockerels and Blue pullets

Chris

Hey thanks! I thought that I had read that they would make black stars...I will have to look again
hmm.png
. Thats pretty cool! now I am going to have to Google image all of them ha.

OK I think the blrw is one of the only wyandotte not listed for getting a black star...I guess I should have read more carefully! Thanks for the correction.

Back
Top Bottom