Question on ordering from Mcmurray

I raised 16 RIR roosters for meat and was very pleased with how much meat they had on them, considering that they're bred for egg production. The RIR roos do have a VERY high libido compared to other breeds/strains, so make sure to separate them from their sisters when they come of age.

I would recommend getting sexed White Leghorn pullets. Leghorn roosters are very small and slender, and IMHO not worth the trouble and expense.

I ordered a mixed flock of chicks last february from them they sent a one extra BA and I lost 3. But I'm thinking it was because I kept the brooder to hot. They did give me a refund for the 3 I lost. My mystery chick was a cuckoo maran rooster.

I've ordered from McMurray before. I love them and will be ordering mine this year from them. I prefer McMurray and Ideal. They have very beautiful and healthy birds. The mystery chick is one per order. Like another PP said no matter how many you order you get one mystery per order. But with McMurray there is a minimum order size of 25 chicks. Now last time I ordered I ordered in June and I ordered 25. I got 31! So I got 1 mystery and 5 packing peanuts. Packing peanuts are just extras for warmth, and there's no telling what you would get. I like that personally. All orders I got from Ideal didn't come with any extras. I assume my free rare chick in that order was a sliver polish hen. So I DID get a girl. I guess. LOL I would HIGHLY recommend McMurray.

I have ordered from McMurray a couple of times and will be doing so again in about a month. They are great to work with. I have gotten different bonus chicks. once was a speckled hamburg, one was a cochin, one time I got an extra faverolle rooster and that's what I ordered. I ordered 25 and got 27. The fav. roosters are so pretty and a nice stew rooster also. 50/50 isn't always what you get with straight run, one time I got straight run marans and I got 1 hen and 4 roosters..I sometimes order straight run so the hatcheries will not have an excess of roosters and destroy them in an inhumane way....although I am sure the rooster thinks I am being inhumane when I sharpen the axe.. so in other words...go for it, order from McMurray.

Back
Top Bottom