Question... or concern about beak and leg coloring

RMDelete

Songster
9 Years
May 17, 2011
Escondido
So I noticed yesterday and some of my chickies are showing signs of beak color change (a little darkening) but then I also noticed on one of the chickies that her legs look sort of green/blue in certain spots of her legs, I am concerned that this is not normal or maybe it's bruising or something, anyone have any idea what I am talking about? I would take pictures to post them but I am not at their location right now
sad.png
but I was wondering if anyone has any idea if this is out of the norm or a sign of some other dangerous underlying condition? Thanks everyone!

Quote:
Are any or your chickens Easter Eggers (also sometimes sold as Ameraucanas/Auracanas)? If so, then the green tinted legs are normal. Sometimes as a chick matures, the beak and legs do change color, and green tinted legs are a common EE trait.

Actually yes, a few people have commented that my chickies look like EE and possibly that Ameriaucana (sp) thingy breed... hmm.. okay well they don't seem to be acting any strangely right now so I am hoping they are fine
smile.png
thanks

Back
Top Bottom