Question re: hovabators...having bad hatches..

Quote:
Glad to know this...I'll take this into consideration. The reason I said it is because the one chick that hatched was sticky with albumen and that's usually from a low temp, high humidity hatch.

I do nothing but dry hatches in my 4 hovabators and have good hatches, so I don't think that's the problem.....sorry, I don't know what to suggest other than using your own eggs if these have been shipped eggs and trying to tweek things a bit at a time.

Katy...what temp do you use in your Hovabators? I kept mine from 99.8 - 100...at least that what the thermometers showed. I'm considering going up to the higher end of the hatching range.

Calibrate your thermometers, even new ones and ones reading the same thing can be off and make you
he.gif
barnie.gif
he.gif
he.gif
th.gif
barnie.gif
he.gif
he.gif

And use that water wiggler...

Your're in SoCal, where it's very dry and you're using a forced air bator. I think your humidity was way to low. Here in Oklahoma I run 50% days 1-18 and 80% 19 to hatch. My run was 31 shipped eggs and 26 hatched in the first run of the HB 1588.

Quote:
I do nothing but dry hatches in my 4 hovabators and have good hatches, so I don't think that's the problem.....sorry, I don't know what to suggest other than using your own eggs if these have been shipped eggs and trying to tweek things a bit at a time.

Katy...what temp do you use in your Hovabators? I kept mine from 99.8 - 100...at least that what the thermometers showed. I'm considering going up to the higher end of the hatching range.

That's where I try and keep my temps too.

Back
Top Bottom