Question regarding DE and a couple of other things...

EggheadsRus

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jun 22, 2011
Not sure if this is the proper forum but here goes....

I have read that DE is a great thing to use for your chickens. My question is: I am about to purchase 10 Delaware chicks from McMurray's. While I was shopping I noticed that they offer a product called Poultry Protector; if I use DE in my run/coop should I also use the PP?

They also offer a product called Avia Charge 2000 - has anyone used this before? I want to keep my chickens as healthy as possible.

Thanks for all the help
big_smile.png

EggheadsRus

I use both DE and poultry protector (though the poultry protector rarely, not as as routine thing), never had a problem.

I know some people use that Aviacharge but I have no experience with it.

I believe chickens need three basic things - fresh, appropriate food, fresh clean water daily and a safe, predator proof coop. I try not to make it too complicated.

welcome-byc.gif

Avia Charge is an excellent avian vitamin/mineral/amino acid supplement. I do use it.

I don't know anything about Poultry Protector. I use DE in the nests and to dust the birds, not really outside much, unless it's in a protected area away from rain.

Quote:
Could you stop by my coop and scold my girls,they stop listening to me.I provide them fresh clean water every day ,with ice on hot days but they insist on drinking from muddy puddles.
th.gif
While your here tell the dog to stop that behavior as well.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom