Review My Shopping List!

There will be occasional days where that's not an option for me, so the self-closing feeder seemed like a better option. I definitely don't want to have too much feed laying around in general.

A lot of the comments I'm getting seem to indicate that there's something wrong with buying stuff instead of DIYing it, which I know works for many people -- but I'm not one of them. I don't think I really understand the problem with buying a shovel, motion lights, and some tarps -- feels like basics to me, but of course, I'm not experienced here.
I have bought most of my chicken supplies, though I do put leaves in their run instead of pine shavings; the only bedding they have is in the nesting box (I don't have a coop floor like most people). Also, I have motion lights and they do nothing to deter predators (in my experience); I had a racoon brazenly walk up to my coop and sit right in front of them. The lights (when they're working) just give me some peace of mind that I can look out and see if something is out there.

Back
Top Bottom