Question regarding space for quail

Quote:
To answer your question, Yes the same method would work. But most just either use pruning or poultry shears and snip the birds head off. I perfer to just hold the body in one hand and head in the other, and pull sharply. Its over for the bird extremely fast and there is no chance of a botched, almost dead, end for the bird. I feel the fastest, most reliable, end is always the best way to go... You can do all this by the way, how ever you process the bird, its always hard the first few times. While it never gets fun, it does become a familiar, required experience if your going to raise birds for meat. The plus side is, once the adult birds are in the freezer, You have room to hatch more chicks! Good luck, Bill

SORRY TO DISAPPOINT YA, BUT A&M COTURNIX ARE NOT WHITE MEAT...NEVER HAVE BEEN, NEVER WILL BE... YOU'VE JUST GOTTEN SUCKERED BY THE 2ND LARGEST MYTH SURROUNDING THEM... THE 1ST LARGEST IS HIGHLY EXAGERATED WEIGHTS
hmm.png

SORRY MAN, BUT WE'VE SEEN THIS TIME AND TIME AGAIN. YOU ARE NOT ALONE IN THIS AS MANY MANY MANY FOLKS HAVE BEEN MISINFORMED TO THIS SINCE THE BEGINNING OF THE STRAIN. AND FOR THE RECORD... THE 3RD LARGEST MYTH? ANYONE WHO TELLS YOU THEY HAVE ORIGINAL STRAIN A&M'S DIRECTLY FROM TEXAS A&M UNIV. THEN SHOWS YOU A WHITE FEATHERED BIRD --- THE STRIAN RELEASED FORM TAM UNIV WAS A BROWN COLORED BIRD

Quote:
No, they are not! They are sometimes meticulously bread strains, that have whiter feathers, lighter shins, broader breasts, larger size bodies, but once you get the skin and feathers off... they are coturnix!

Sorry to be a myth buster!

Oops, sorry for the edit, but they don't grow to 14-16oz. at 8 weeks either. Myth #2 busted.

I raise coturnix, and only coturnix, and I must say that the myths hurt us, not help us!....and for everyone that would like to say that I just don't have the all white meat, 16oz. bird that you raise....I have probably hatched and raised it, and it isn't the 16oz. all white meat bird that was advertized. They are lovely, charming, fast growing, egg laying, additions to anyone's flock, but the hype over shadows, their real usefulness!

Last edited:
After readin' this thread I now realize that it's gonna' be easy as hell to market my Boneless Cambodian White-meat Giants. A couple of months of runnin' a creative ad on Ebay and I'll be sippin' drinks with those little umbrellas in them on a tropical island. There truly is an a$$ for every seat.

Back
Top Bottom