Question regarding when I go on vacation.

chickmomma18

In the Brooder
5 Years
Sep 15, 2014
Downingtown Pa
I have house/cat/chicken sitters who will be living at my house for the 12 days we are in Mexico.. A family trip to celebrate my mother-in-laws recovery from breast cancer.

Anyway-I have a potentially strange question.

What happens when you go away? Do the chickens forget you and you have to start all over with trust building?
I work from home. So I'm with them morning. Noon and night. Literally. We have a routine. It's like clock work....

Your birds should be very happy to see you and greet you when you come back or they'll be a bit standoffish at first then realize your back.I recommend you have a similar routine for them even with a sitter because animals get used to the reg.I purposely at a young age have a very here and there schedule so as adults it is normal.Birds also have good memory in all my experiences they've shown it so don't worry and have a nice trip! :)

Last edited:
Agrees that it's the schedule not the person that's most important to the chickens.

You might want to have the sitter come a couple times before you leave to let them go thru the chicken chores with you.....so they are familiar with what to do and the chickens get used to the new person.

Back
Top Bottom