Question..

there is no grass in my run for my pullets it's only food water and dirt, I don't really think they would get angry maybe bored but it's better to have your chickens alive and a little bit bored than dead because of predators.
Yeah but I’ll let them free range when I get back. Also mine is like rocks and a bit dirt and straw

True will they be happy in the run though? My chickens picky
Oh they should be. I've had flocks that would be in the run all day except for when I'm out there to watch out for predators. If you want, give them some toys to play with. Give them some cabbage. If you want (and can) make their yard bigger for more playing room. Give them leaves when you can. They'll love that. If no leaves are available, you can throw some shavings and pine tree branches for them to scratch around. Also, give them more places to perch or hang out on. They love to perch during quiet hour.

there is no grass in my run for my pullets it's only food water and dirt, I don't really think they would get angry maybe bored but it's better to have your chickens alive and a little bit bored than dead because of predators.
2x

I think is straw and rocks
If there is a build of poop in your run you could rake it out and put new hay/shavings and or leaves, etc for them to scratch at so that they wouldn't be bored.
Yeah but I’ll let them free range when I get back. Also mine is like rocks and a bit dirt and straw
Your run is perfectly fine and they'll be fine too, but just like what @Lacyduckwing said hang or give them so cabbage or whatever treat they like but not too much

Back
Top Bottom