Question..

Pics

Marshmallow1234

Songster
Oct 25, 2020
Canada
Is it ok if I let them out at 7:30 ish and feed them water and food in the run and let them in the run. But there’s no grass in it. But after 6 hours I’ll come back from school and let them free range for 4-5 hours cuz of predators. Or while I’m at school should I let them free range all day? Since there’s sometimes hawks minks and raccoons well a mink came twice and hawk came like several times not every day h ty I and a raccoon never came but I saw one and a skunk

Attachments

• 7CCAEEEA-71C7-48E8-B700-FDD78192232D.jpeg
    7CCAEEEA-71C7-48E8-B700-FDD78192232D.jpeg
    459.5 KB · Views: 21
  • 5365F05A-C9B0-4B4F-8005-40ADF462B2C0.jpeg
    5365F05A-C9B0-4B4F-8005-40ADF462B2C0.jpeg
    481.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 672FFFFA-CAB9-4F69-8650-8FB724F3D066.jpeg
    672FFFFA-CAB9-4F69-8650-8FB724F3D066.jpeg
    809 KB · Views: 11
Is it ok if I let them out at 7:30 ish and feed them water and food in the run and let them in the run. But there’s no grass in it. But after 6 hours I’ll come back from school and let them free range for 4-5 hours cuz of predators. Or while I’m at school should I let them free range all day? Since there’s sometimes hawks minks and raccoons well a mink came twice and hawk came like several times not every day h ty I and a raccoon never came but I saw one and a skunk
Sorry if I keep asking

I'd keep what you are doing. I think that you shouldn't free-range your chickens when you're not there, if there's a concern of predators. If you're there and a predator comes, you can protect your flock. If you're not there when a predator comes, who will protect your flock?

I'd keep what you are doing. I think that you shouldn't free-range your chickens when you're not there, if there's a concern of predators. If you're there and a predator comes, you can protect your flock. If you're not there when a predator comes, who will protect your flock?
X2

Also why are you feeding them corn? Switch to layer feed please because it’s not good to feed corn all the time.

True will they be happy in the run though? My chickens picky

X2 you never know when the predator will come so I think that you should just keep what you are doing!

Back
Top Bottom